John and I are headed to Todos Santos, Mexico today! Looking forward to daily yoga and surf lessons, lounging on empty beaches, eating fresh seafood, and finally finishing this book. See you next week! XO
I’ve always admired my cousin Cami’s style. In fact, I requested that any time she buys something new to please send me the details. We’ve had a long-standing history of dressing like twins that we need to uphold [insert awk family photo here]. She’s all about shopping less and buying the best your money can afford. I’m trying to apply this “buy better not more” mantra to my life. Although, who doesn’t love a Forever21 cheap thrill now and again?! In Napa, I asked her what she considers the top 10 wardrobe “essentials” every woman should have in her closet. Cami recommends starting with this simple and classic wardrobe foundation:
1. A great tee-shirt you can dress up or down: T by Alexander Wang: the black muscle tee.
2. Classic gold hoops: Save your pennies and buy a pair that will last. She recommends Bloomingdale’s brand.
3. Equipment silk blouse: Perfect for the office or tucked into skinny jeans for a chic look (think Miranda Kerr).
4. K. Jacques sandals: A fuss-free shoe staple for warm weather. Cami has this style.
5. Jeans: Rag & Bone for dark skinny jeans and Mother for a flared profile.
6. Black blazer: Invest in a smart-looking blazer to polish up an outfit. Helmut Lang and Theory are her favorite brands. I just scored this boyfriend blazer on major sale.
7. Sunglasses: Oliver Peoples or classic Ray-Bans.
8. Black tall flat boot: The 5050 Boot; Booties: Rag & Bone Classic Newbury.
9. A fashionable scarf: to complete your look. Zara and Nordstrom brand scarves are great.
10. Grey sweater: Calypso St. Barth and Vince never fail.
[How about one more? Invest in a silk shirt dress…another great piece you can dress up or down. And you’ll wear it a ton.]