Ever since I inhaled the Cacio e Pepe (translation: cheese and pepper) at Roscioli I’ve been dreaming of recreating this dish at home. Enter: The Hatchery–a group I can always count on for the best recipes with top-quality ingredients. The best part? Only 5 minutes of prep time. Simple AND delicious.
- 1 Olivelle Pasta Rock
- 6 oz. bucatini pasta
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cubed, divided
- 1 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup finely grated Pecorino Romano
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add Olivelle Pasta Rock, and boil for one minute. Remove the Pasta Rock and add pasta to the water. Stir occasionally, and drain when tender, reserving 3/4 cup pasta water.
- Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add pepper and cook until toasted (about 1 minute).
- Add 1/2 cup reserved pasta water to skillet and bring to a simmer. Add pasta and remaining butter, reducing heat to low. Add Pecorino Romano, stirring with tongs until melted. Removed pan from heat and toss until cheese melts, sauce coats the pasta, and pasta is al dente.* Transfer pasta to warm bowls and serve.
*Use reserved pasta water if pasta seems dry.