I’m a work in progress in the kitchen so when I come across easy recipes like this (thanks to a coworker), I have to give it a go. This recipe only requires 5 ingredients: olive oil, leeks, fennel, vegetable broth and russet potatoes. I doubled the amount below to get multiple meals out of the batch. It’s fantastic served hot with sriracha and crusty bread.
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 leeks, white and pale green parts sliced (about 2 cups)
- 2 medium fennel bulbs, sliced, and fronds reserved for garnish (about 2 cups)
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 lb. russet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add leeks and fennel, and cook 7 minutes, or until softened, stirring often.
- Add broth and potatoes, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low. Simmer 25 minutes, or until potatoes are very tender.
- Purée soup in batches in food processor (I used a hand emulsifier). Return to pot. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls, garnish with fennel fronds, and serve.