Oh what I would do for a little beach getaway right about now. Below my cousin shares her amazing trip to Tulum, Mexico:
- Arrange for a shuttle or private car from Cancun to Tulum, it is a lifesaver and the company is wonderful. Tucan Kin: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bug spray! I cannot stress this enough! Lather up!
- Flash light! There are no street lights or lights on the beaches because of the turtles.
- Coqui Coqui: 1st choice
- Coco Tulum: 2nd choice, but stay in one of the private towers
- HARTWOOD: AMAZING. Must go… a few times. It opens at 7pm, get there 15 mins because the wait is usually long.
- CASA BANANA: Outstanding Italian food.
- EL TABANO: Beach Road Tulum, Boca Paila KM. 7; gourmet Mexican food, mexcal margaritas, secret fish tacos, tortilla soup, stuffed ancho pepper.
- POSADA MAGRITA: Tulum Quintana Roo. One of the best in Tulum. Fresh pasta, great seafood, delicious breakfast (Eggs in a hole).
- CASA JAGUAR: Carretera Tulum Bocapaila; HOT spot, cool out door vibe. Great breakfast, get avocado toast and fresh juice.
- MATEO’s MEXICAN GRILL: Zona Hotelera Tulum; Fish Tacos, go early it gets packed.
- JUANITA DIAVOLA: Wood oven pizza, great breakfast (at Coco Tulum Hotel).
- PURA CORAZON: Carretera a Boca Paila Km 7, Tulum beach zone. Try the eggs ahau or squid.
- ZIGGY’s: Road Tulum-Boca Paila; breakfast on the beach.