1) Saltwater—Our favorite restaurant in Inverness. The dino kale pizza is to die for. Make sure you book a reservation in advance, especially during the warmer months as the restaurant is quite cozy.
2) Osteria Stellina—Point Reyes Italian located in the heart of Point Reyes Station. The food is excellent.
3) Sir and Star–The most popular foodie destination in the area at the moment.
4) Nick’s Cove Restaurant—We love this restaurant for the ambience and friendly staff. Enjoy cocktails in the boat house before you sit for your meal.
5) Cowgirl Creamery—Located in Tomales Bay Foods in Point Reyes Station, it’s a great place to pick up cheese or sandwiches before a hike.
1) Coyuchi—My go-to spot for organic high-quality linens and blankets.
2) Point Reyes Jeweler—I love David Clarkson’s Hammered Hoop Earrings (and all of his clean designs, really).
3) Toby’s Feed Barn– best coffee in Point Reyes can be found here at Toby’s Coffee Bar. Be sure to check out the Saturday Farmer’s Market too for some of the best produce around.
4) Flower Power—An adorable shop with unique home décor, gifts, and yes, flowers too.
5) ViewPoints—With some digging, you can find great home décor items including: pillows, serving trays and Point Reyes watercolors/ prints.
1) Blue Waters Kayaking—There’s no better place to kayak than on Tomales Bay.
2) Point Reyes Lighthouse—Check the weather before heading out here; it can be quite windy and cold! Definitely worth the trek.
3) Hike Chimney Rock Trailhead—For spectacular views of Drakes Bay and the Pacific Ocean. Prime spot for whale watching January – May too.
4) Heart’s Desire Beach or Abbotts Lagoon Beach—The best beaches for warm days.
1) Manka’s Inverness Lodge–This is #1 on my West Coast bucket list at the moment. I’ve heard the recently renovated hotel is incredible so don’t be fooled by the outdated website.
2) Nick’s Cove–We recently stayed here for John’s birthday and had an amazing experience. More to come.