John and I spent a fun afternoon exploring the little artist colony, Todos Santos–a quick 20 minute drive from Rancho Pescadero.
Todos Santos is one of the most unique towns in all of Baja, maybe even all of Mexico. A quirky mix of locals, fishermen, surfers and New Age spiritualists, the town of ‘All Saints’ has thus far escaped the rampant tourism of the other Cape towns but still has all kinds of things to see and do. Think Taos, New Mexico, before Ansel Adams and Georgia O’Keefe brought the world there. – Lonely Planet
- Peruse the art galleries and walk the cobblestone streets. I bought a beautiful hand-painted blue and white porcelain jar (it reminds me of this Pin).
- Grab a hibiscus habanero margarita from Hotel California (no relation to the Eagles song but it does play on repeat:)
- Check out the beautiful embroidered blouses, shirts, dresses and espadrilles at Etnica (where I purchased the above dress). The Swedish woman that owns the shop studied abroad in Mexico and never left!
- Enjoy the courtyard setting (and hummingbirds) at Todos Santos Inn, built in the 1870s.
- Get your taco fix at Boyitaco or have a nice dinner at Michaels at the Gallery (gallery by day and Asian/ Mexican fusion restaurant by night).