When I entered Meryl’s bridal suite on a beautiful fall day, I thought she already had her makeup done professionally. Her skin was dewy and glowing. When I learned that she indeed had a clean face, I
dramatically told her, “the second you get back from your honeymoon you’re sharing your beauty secrets on my blog”. Ladies (and gents?), take note! I know where I’ll be heading after work today. Thanks, Mersy!!
On November 2nd of this year I got married (!!) and in preparation for the big day I decided I needed to ramp up my skin care regimen. Considering that I was getting married just around the time when your skin loses its summer glow I knew I was going to have to put in a little extra effort to look my best.
In an ideal world this would include weekly visits to the spa (I did get one collagen facial here and it was LIFE CHANGING) but my budget would not allow for such decadence. Since I am a huge believer in organic products I thought I would start at Whole Body and go from there. The one by my house has a Visia complexion analysis machine that scans your face and tells you where your problem areas are. This, I knew, was going to be trouble for me as I am known to buy things off of infomercials based on before and after photos, I was already starting to make up ways I could stretch my skin care budget as a placed my chin on the cold hard stand inside a mini MRI looking machine (see below):
The Visia scan compares your skin results across other people your age with a similar skin tone. The results were startling and a bit disturbing, I scored well in the wrinkles, spots, and texture categories but my scores for sunspots, and pores were abysmal. Thankfully, the sales associate I was working with wasn’t a shark so she had me out of there with a reasonable amount of products and a very doable regimen. She recommended the Juice Beauty product line with the following skin care schedule:
- Cleanse face with Exfoliating Cleanser– over the years I have learned that exfoliating is one of the most important steps in skin care, if you are not exfoliating you are essentially applying moisturizer to dead skin cells and never actually hydrating your skin.
- Apply Anti-Oxidant Serum– this will reduce the emergence of spots over time due to sun damage.
- Apply Tinted moisturizer with SPF for all day protection and even skin tone.
- Cleanse face with Blemish Clearing cleanser using Clarasonic brush. My Clarasonic has literally been life changing- my skin is tighter, brighter, softer and clearer since I started using it a few years ago I use the deep pore cleansing brush head.
- Apply Soothing Serum so your skin can heal while you sleep.
- Moisturize with Oil Free Moisturizer.
Once a week:
- After cleansing in the evening apply Green Apple Peel for sensitive skin and then complete the rest of the evening routine.
When I got the collagen facial the week before my wedding my esthetician slipped me an extra collagen mask to use on the big day. She instructed me to wake up, cleanse, do a peel, and then apply the Beauty Elements Collagen Mask for 20 minutes. The mask is not sold in retail locations but you can buy them from spas that use them. The spa I went to sells them for $20 each. I recommend doing this before any major event or whenever you want to look your best. It is seriously one of the best products I have ever used and made my skin look plump, firm, and glowy. As a low maintenance girl this regimen was perfect for me and I have continued it post nuptials to ward off winter blues!