I must have been Italian in another life because I could happily eat pasta for every meal of the day. So you can understand my excitement when I heard that today is National Pasta Day. Yes, a free pass for everyone to indulge/ shovel/ inhale carbs on carbs on carbs tonight. Best Friday ev (said the pregnant woman).
My favorite pasta spots in SF:
1. Flour + Water: always opt for the pasta tasting menu.
2. A16: The maccaronara ragu napoletana with house-made ricotta salata is to die for.
3. Piccino: Owners Margherita Stewart Sagan and Sheryl Rogat started Piccino in the Dogpatch, with recipes passed down through generations from Sagan’s mother.
4. Original Joes: I’m a big fan of the spaghetti and meatballs. Comfort food at its best.
5. Emmy’s Spaghetti Shack. So good, it got its own blog post.
6. Ristorante Milano: My husband, sister and I stumbled upon this little gem a few weeks ago in our neighborhood. It doesn’t look like much from the outside but the gnocchi is on point.
7. Cotogna: One of my favorite restaurants in the city. The pasta changes weekly and you can’t go wrong.
8. Sotto Mare- the seafood pasta is a must.
Best Pastas to take home:
1. The Pasta Shop: my first stop at the Ferry Building Farmer’s Market on Saturday mornings. Last week we tried the Sweet Onion & Red Chard ravioli which was amazing.
2. Lucca Deli: the cheese tortellini has become a Sunday night staple in our household. They also have delicious raviolis.
* If you love pasta as much as I do, you must follow Frank Prisinzano from NYC on Instagram. Mouth-watering.